“THERE IS NOTHING YOU CANNOT DO”
CONFIDENCE AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCING WORKSHOPS
FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
In the recent years the Indian society seems to have undergone a total metamorphosis with changing roles of women, a breakdown of the joint family system, increased competitiveness in schools, increased sociability of the children, immense technological advances, peer and parental pressures resulting in an environment laden with stress and strain for the children and young people.
The changing family structure and the evolving social trends with a breakdown in the traditional support system has created a gap for fulfilling the physical , psychological and social needs of the child stressing the need for an alternative support system to meet the needs of the child. Alternative counselling based interventions in schools is definitely the bridge that might fill this gap. The area of school counselling in India is very young and needs to spread and establish itself.
Our comprehensive Psycho-Educational Group Counselling Programme is designed to help young people of all ages to have an opportunity to express their concerns and challenges in a safe and encouraging environment, where they are ensured that no judgement will be made on them; help them to gain a better and clearer perspective on their teachers’ and parents’ position; gain an insight into themselves and their enormous potentials; recognise their strengths and capabilities and they will learn the skills to focus their minds and consequently become more confident, focused and effective.
This programme for school students is developmental and systematic in nature, sequential, clearly defined, and accountable. The program is proactive and preventive in its focus. It assists all students in acquiring and using life-long learning skills. More specifically, Psycho-Educational Group Counselling Programme employ strategies to enhance academic abilities, provide students with self-confidence to make informed career choices, develop personal qualities for employment readiness, encourage self-awareness, foster interpersonal communication skills, and impart life success skills for all students.
THE WORK SHOP
There will be three hours long weekly sessions over 10 weeks of our group psycho-educational programme specially designed for and targeted at the needs and requirements of young people to commence, where possible, at the beginning of the academic sessions for secondary and senior secondary classes. Where necessary, we will undertake monthly follow-up sessions with students, until the end of their academic year, to help them with their concerns and difficulties they might experience with practicing the skills they have learnt in the programme.
- This workshop is designed and structured on the principles drawn from the following value statements:
- We must give our children a vision of the future. A best combination of academics, culture and value education is required for preparing grounds for a vast and noble vision of life to unfold child’s inner strengths and balance.
- Training of mind is the essence of education. When the mind is trained to focus on the work in hand, one’s performance becomes excellent. Excellent performance leads to excellent results
- To bring out the divinity or potentialities in us is education. Education has a larger purpose of transformation of the individual; therefore, education must be with a vision.
- We must recognise the difference between the Literate and the Educated. Examinations and degrees may produce glorified literates, but only an education that deals with academics as well as ‘Man-Making’ can produce truly educated people.
- Academic excellence alone is not good enough. An education followed faithfully has the real potential for both inculcating inner values of life and also achieving outer objective success
- A secular education will make them proficient to meet the challenges in their professions, and the values of life inculcated will mould them to be better persons in society
- The real education – Value based education – is that which develops children into conscious human beings aware of their highest capacity.
THE BENEFITS FOR THE STAKEHOLDERS
The participating students will be the most direct beneficiaries of the programme as they will be more confident, more self-aware and more skilled in managing their cognitive abilities. They would learn self-management skills, thereby, be more likely to be able to set realistic targets and be able to focus their minds and mental energies in achieving these. Their renewed vigour and self-confidence will undoubtedly help them to have better capacity to be good learners and might experience more mental strength and confidence in them to withstand familial and peer pressure of mounting expectations. Program would enable them to develop Stress and Anger management skills.
Anupam Srivastava ( Click here to view profile )
3 Hours (To Be Negotiated)
You are required to pay only 25% of course fee, at this stage, to book a place on the course. The rest of the course fee is to be paid latest by a week before the course start date. Please be advised that registration fee is non-refundable.
NOTE: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS TRAINING EVENT IS NOT SCHEDULED TO RUN. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS TRAINING/WORKSHOP, WHEN IT IS SCHEDULED NEXT, PLEASE DO LET US KNOW BY REGISTERING YOUR INTEREST HERE