ADVANCE CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING SKILLS FOR LEGAL PRACTITIONER & JUDGES
The INSIGHT Life Coaching Services’ (ILCS) Counselling Skills Learning Programme is specifically designed for legal practitioner & judges who wish to strengthen their counselling, communication and interviewing skills
PREMISE TO THIS COURSE
CLE is a measure of the accountability of the profession. The days of the general practitioner have gone and specialists have entered the scene. The competence of the legal practitioner is critical for clients and any dilution in the quality of services rendered is bound to be counter productive. CLE is the major instrument of all professions to ensure minimum competence in the delivery of services. It enhances professionalism, accountability and public respect for the profession. In short, CLE is indispensable for maintaining professional competence and its social relevance.
Competence or quality is the product of knowledge, attitudes, values, skills and ability to apply them for professional tasks. Legal education in colleges hardly teaches anything more than knowledge and that too inadequately. Some skills are acquired in early days of practice through observation and participation. CLE alone can possibly give the rest to provide competence to a young lawyer for whom professional bodies at present have no alternatives to offer. In the past, a year-long apprenticeship and a bar examination hopefully provided some insight into abilities, values and attitudes. They have been abolished and the new entrants are left to their fate!
“Continued self-education is indispensable to honing the skills of lawyers in emerging areas of practice and to their social relevance in a changing world”
“Professional competence in the field of law is the outcome of skilled application of knowledge in which proper skills are decisive to the outcome. These include interviewing and counselling skills, negotiation and mediation skills, research and writing skills, communication and advocacy skills, drafting skills, fact gathering and articulation skills, time and stress management skills, etc. all of which can be acquired through supervised practice supported by guided theoretical learning. CLE is the best mechanism to learn skills particularly in the context of the explosion in knowledge and technology”. …… says Professor N. R. Madhava Menon, Founder Director of the National Law Schools at Bangalore and Kolkata, and of the National Judicial Academy at Bhopal
How ILCS Can Help: Effective Counselling Skills Certification Programme
To assist learners gain a broader range of competencies, knowledge and understanding of counselling skills to be more effective
Our 5 days training programme will help participants to:
- · Develop a sound protocol for conducting a meaningful enabling session
- · Understand how to deliver feedback that both praises and corrects team members while developing a positive atmosphere going forward.
- · Learn how to confidently have difficult conversations early and develop an effective and mutually agreeable action plan.
- · “Read” others and know how to adjust their style to reach those they manage and supervise.
- · Develop strategies and skills to effectively address and resolve conflicts leading to the highest quality outcomes.
- · Learn proven counselling skills and communication techniques that increase the impact and understanding of information amongst all team members.
- · Understand how to turn the performance review session into a productive session and strategically guide all team members to improved performance.
- · Clearly understand the distinction between “advising, informing and counselling” and when they are appropriate.
- · Build the counselling & coaching competency of your managers to help create your future leaders!
By the end of this program the participant shall have:
- · Familiarisation with counselling theories,
- · Fair Understanding of approaches and models of counselling practice;
- · Appreciation of Standards and Ethics of Counselling
- · Self-Awareness about their personal values, attitudes, belief and ways of self-exploration
- · developed culturally appropriate Counselling skills;
WHO IS THIS LEARNING PROGRAMME FOR
- · Law Students
- · Leaders, managers and supervisors in legal institutions and organisations
- · Legal Practitioners and Judges
- · Any other Individuals aspiring to gain counselling skills within legal fraternity
- · Learners must be competent in reading, speaking, comprehending and writing in English
- · Each learner must be supported by their managers
This Counselling Skills Learning Programme is designed to help learners achieve learning outcomes of the study units as mentioned below:
Introduction and appreciation of Standards and Ethics of Counselling
Understanding and Developing Counselling & Communication Skills
Familiarisation with Counselling Theories & approaches to practice
Self-Awareness and Personal Development
The delivery of the programme consists of three main component parts i.e. the Taught Programme (TP), Personal Study (PS) and Co-Learning Sessions (CLS). The total of 70 hours will be spent by individual learner to complete this training programme of study.
1. Taught Programme (TP) of 30 Hours,
2. Co-Learning Sessions (CLS) minimum 10 hours
3. Personal Study (PS) 30 hours,
An approximate total of 70 hours will be spent by individual learner to complete this training programme of study. (One learning day is equivalent to 6 hours)
DELIVERY OF THE COURSE
[A] TAUGHT PROGRAMME: (30 Hours)
Taught programme consists of 30 Hours of teaching sessions spread over 5 full days
[B] PERSONAL STUDY (30 HOURS):
The learners will be expected to spend at least 6 Hours in self-study per taught session. Relevant study material, hand-outs and references will be provided for each taught session.
Taught Programme and the Personal Study elements of the Course will be evaluated through a personal journal, which each learner will be expected to maintain throughout the course.
[C] CO-LEARNING SESSIONS (10 HOURS):
After completing taught programme, the trainees will be required to spend a minimum of 10 hours in counselling practice sessions in total (5 hour each) with a peer both in counsellor and counselee roles.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT OF LEARNING
- Direct observation of Practice.
- Self-assessment Report
The following Certificates will be jointly issued to each learner by the commissioning organisation and Insight Life Coaching services.
Advance Certificate in Counselling Skills: Learners fully completing the programme and submitting all required work for assessment;
Participation Certification: Learners fully completing the programme but not submitting required work for assessment;
Anupam Srivastava ( Click here to view profile )
9:30 am to 5:30 pm
You are required to pay only 25% of course fee, at this stage, to book a place on the course. The rest of the course fee is to be paid latest by a week before the course start date. Please be advised that registration fee is non-refundable.
NOTE: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS TRAINING EVENT IS NOT SCHEDULED TO RUN. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS TRAINING/WORKSHOP, WHEN IT IS SCHEDULED NEXT, PLEASE DO LET US KNOW BY REGISTERING YOUR INTEREST HERE