ADVANCE CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING SKILLS FOR MANAGERS & SUPERVISORS
The INSIGHT Life Coaching Services’ (ILCS) Counselling Skills Learning Programme is primarily designed for professionals & managers who wish to strengthen their counselling skills for behaviour modification of their team members / employees in their organisation. This programme is specially designed to cater to needs of the corporate sector keeping in view the pivotal role counselling skills plays
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER THIS PROGRAMME?
The best leaders, managers and supervisors are those who develop other people. Managers with strong counselling skills are vital to ensure that your business is retaining & effectively wielding your top performers. These skills are pivotal for building & developing the strengths of your emerging power players, as well as identifying the team members who are not operating as the best fit for your organization. In addition, your managers’ effective counselling skills can help guide the career paths of high potential candidates and create alternative paths for individuals who are not a company fit. These are mission-critical responsibilities for your managers and supervisors. Arming them with the tools, techniques and best practices for counselling are essential to your company’s success.
How ILCS Can Help: Effective Counselling Skills Certification Programme
To assist learners gain a broader range of competencies, knowledge and understanding of counselling skills to be more effective
Our 5 days training programme will help participants to:
- Develop a sound protocol for conducting a meaningful enabling session
- Understand how to deliver feedback that both praises and corrects team members while developing a positive atmosphere going forward.
- Learn how to confidently have difficult conversations early and develop an effective and mutually agreeable action plan.
- “Read” others and know how to adjust their style to reach those they manage and supervise.
- Develop strategies and skills to effectively address and resolve conflicts leading to the highest quality outcomes.
- Learn proven counselling skills and communication techniques that increase the impact and understanding of information amongst all team members
- Understand how to turn the performance review session into a productive session and strategically guide all team members to improved performance
- Clearly understand the distinction between “advising, informing and counselling” and when they are appropriate
- Build the counselling & coaching competency of your managers to help create your future leaders!
By the end of this program the participant shall have:
- · Familiarisation with counselling theories,
- · Fair Understanding of approaches and models of counselling practice;
- · Appreciation of Standards and Ethics of Counselling
- · Self-Awareness about their personal values, attitudes, belief and ways of self-exploration
- · developed culturally appropriate Counselling skills;
WHO IS THIS LEARNING PROGRAMME FOR
- · HR Professionals
- · Leaders, managers and supervisors
- · Customer Service & Customer Care professionals
- · Individuals aspiring to gain counselling skills
- · Learners must be competent in reading, speaking, comprehending and writing in English
- · Each learner must be supported by their managers
This Counselling Skills Learning Programme is designed to help learners achieve learning outcomes of the study units as mentioned below:
Introduction and appreciation of Standards and Ethics of Counselling
Developing Counselling Skills
Familiarisation with Counselling Theories & approaches of practice
Self-Awareness and Personal Development
The delivery of the programme consists of three main component parts i.e. the Taught Programme (TP), Personal Study (PS) and Co-Learning Sessions (CLS). The total of 70 hours will be spent by individual learner to complete this training programme of study.
1. Taught Programme (TP) of 30 Hours,
2. Co-Learning Sessions (CLS) minimum 10 hours
3. Personal Study (PS) 30 hours,
An approximate total of 70 hours will be spent by individual learner to complete this training programme of study. (One learning day is equivalent to 6 hours)
DELIVERY OF THE COURSE
[A] TAUGHT PROGRAMME: (30 Hours)
Taught programme consists of 30 Hours of teaching sessions spread over 5 full days
[B] PERSONAL STUDY (30 HOURS):
The learners will be expected to spend at least 6 Hours in self-study per taught session. Relevant study material, hand-outs and references will be provided for each taught session.
Taught Programme and the Personal Study elements of the Course will be evaluated through a personal journal, which each learner will be expected to maintain throughout the course.
[C] CO-LEARNING SESSIONS (10 HOURS):
After completing taught programme, the trainees will be required to spend 10 hours in counselling practice sessions in total (5 hour each) with a peer and would be expected to undertake same amount of time in counselling a peer.
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT OF LEARNING
- Direct observation of Practice.
- Self-assessment Report
The following Certificates will be jointly issued to each learner by the commissioning organisation and Insight Life Coaching services.
Advance Certificate in Counselling Skills: Learners fully completing the programme and submitting all required work for assessment;
Participation Certification: Learners fully completing the programme but not submitting required work for assessment;
Anupam Srivastava ( Click here to view profile )
9:30 am to 5:30 pm
You are required to pay only 25% of course fee, at this stage, to book a place on the course. The rest of the course fee is to be paid latest by a week before the course start date. Please be advised that registration fee is non-refundable.
NOTE: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS TRAINING EVENT IS NOT SCHEDULED TO RUN. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS TRAINING/WORKSHOP, WHEN IT IS SCHEDULED NEXT, PLEASE DO LET US KNOW BY REGISTERING YOUR INTEREST HERE